I HAVEN'T BOUGHT FROM HERO TOYS BEFORE - CAN I TRUST YOU?
- You may have even seen us before trading as "Red Hot Toys" where we ran a popular website and a store in Cardiff Fantasy Centre.
- But if you are new to us and would like to contact us before making your first purchase, then we would absolutely love to hear from you! Trust is important to us - we find that once customers buy from us they keep coming back.
- You can rest assured that we only work with trusted, fully-authorised distributors of major marques like DC, Square Enix and Kotobukiya, and with a focus on high-end / designer figures.
HOW LONG DOES DELIVERY TAKE?
- The delivery time is stated on the individual product pages and on the 'Quick View' of a product.
- Deliveries are as follows:
- IN STOCK - NEXT DAY DESPATCH - This item is in our stock at our shipping base in Cardiff - we ship next working day, and you will receive within 1 week (typically 3-4 days)
- IN STOCK - This item is in stock in a UK warehouse - we transfer your figure to our base in Cardiff, check it over (don't worry we dont open any seals) and then we ship to you. You will receive your figure in 1-2 weeks.
- IN STOCK - SPECIAL ORDER - This item is in stock in a warehouse in Germany. As far as you are concerned we will ship this to you from our shipping base in Cardiff, UK, but it takes us a little longer...Before shipping to you, we arrange the importation of the figure from Germany to UK and we need a little time to do this, so delivery takes 2-4 weeks. We work this way so that we are only importing figures that customers wish to buy - this keeps costs low and our prices competitive! We absorb all importation costs - the price you see is the price you pay!
PRE-ORDERS OPEN! - The expected delivery date is specified on the product page. Pre-order items have not yet been released in the UK, but are available to order in advance ("pre-order"), often at a discount from the Recommended Retail Price.
Often, pre-ordering is the only way to safely ensure that you can get the item, because the most popular figures can sell out before they are released (or very soon afterwards). You are protected by our Pre-order Price Promise, so you are never penalised on price for pre-ordering.
HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE FOR DELIVERY?
- For orders over £100, delivery is free.
- Otherwise delvery is only £2.99
WHERE DO YOU SHIP TO?
- Please note that we only supply as standard to customers in mainland UK.
- Special Delivery Areas: UK mainland courier services typically do not include parcel delivery to places that are not on the main island, like the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Wight, and the Isles of Scilly. This also includes Northern Ireland, and remote areas of Scotland (Scottish Highlands and Islands). You may contact us if you live in one of these areas and we can get you a price for special delivery.
- BFPO (British Forces post office) addresses can only be reached by using Royal Mail services - please contact us for a price for special delivery.
- We are focussed on the UK market, so unfortunately we do not ship to other countries. With brexit, we are currently not shipping to Northern Ireland. We expect to be doing so in the future.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
- We accept payment using any of the major credit and debit cards. We also accept Paypal ('Pay Now' option).
- ADD TO CART / PAY NOW: we use 'Shopify Payments' to ensure that your payment through our website is entirely safe and secure. Shopify employs industry-leading security, certified as Level 1 Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard compliant.
- PAY 20% DEPOSIT USING PARTIAL.LY: For pre-orders, we have the option of paying a deposit of 20% (variable up to 80%) and the balance when the item ships. No credit check is required. Your item will ship once in stock and the balance is settled. Partial.ly uses the world renowned Stripe online payment system to ensure that your payment and personal details are kept secure.
HOW DO PRE-ORDERS WORK?
- When a product is marked as available for 'pre-order', this means that the figure has not yet been released in the UK, but is available to order in advance of its release. Manufacturers often gauge their production runs to the level of pre-orders, with little spare, so often pre-ordering is the only way to ensure you will be able to buy an item.
We state the expected delivery date on the product page, so this is clear when you are ordering.
Most of the time the expected delivery date is accurate, but there can sometimes be delays in the manufacturing process or receiving stocks into the UK. Please note that these dates are wholly in the control of the manufacturers and we have no control over them. Don't worry, if there is any substantial delay we will communicate with you.
- Payment - We take full payment at the point you pre-order. Pre-order items are usually high-end artistic items, manufactured on the basis of pre-orders received and therefore are considered "bespoke". We have to commit to purchase such items when we register your pre-order with the manufacturer / supplier. Accordingly, whilst you can cancel a pre-order at any time, if you cancel we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid as we have to find another buyer for your bespoke item.
SHOULD I PRE-ORDER FOR A SPECIAL OCCASSION?
- We do not recommend pre-ordering a figure as a gift for specific events like Birthdays, Christmas, etc., unless it's ok to possibly deliver after the event. Pre-Orders have estimated release / delivery dates that can be susceptible to changes. These dates are controlled solely by the manufacturers and we have no control over them.
- If you're looking to Pre-Order for a special event like this then please contact us first.
I'VE FOUND IT CHEAPER ON EBAY OR AMAZON
There are many good and genuine figures stores operating on these sites. However, there are also bad actors. We recommend to be very careful when something appears to be "too cheap"...a lot of the time these are not genuine items. There are many bootlegs (counterfeits) made from lower quality PVC / with imperfections that are reaching the UK market. Sometimes these are sold as "Chinese version" but often they are sold as genuine items.
So, we suggest to use a trusted supplier - are they based in the UK?, do they have their own website?, do they display their address and phone number, etc?
We never recommend buying figures from sellers outside of the UK, unless its direct from the manufacturer and then only if all costs are clearly stated. Some items sold on ebay/Amazon are shipped from Asia directly and do not include VAT (thus being cheaper) but incur customs charges/import tax, on top of whatever price to pay on Amazon or eBay. If the order gets lost or damaged, you can be fairly sure the company in Japan or China isn't going to be very interested in your complaint.
- What about us? We at Hero Toys are based in Cardiff, our names are Neil and Catie Richards, our address is 8 Meadowlark Close, St Mellons, Cardiff - you can ring me on 07306 254765 (Neil) if you have any questions regarding this or anything else - we just love to hear from you! Whilst we import figures, we ship to you from Cardiff so there are no hidden costs. We only work with the authorised UK distributors of all the major marques.